I find every now and then, when I’m in an ok mood, I like to reflect on the successes I have had so far in the year. It’s so easy to just drop into negative thinking and go, I’m 24, I work part time in retail, I quit uni, I’m poor. It’s not very productive though so then I like to look at the things I have achieved.
- I have learnt many life lessons with regards to relationships and work.
- My band won a recording publishing deal.
- I recorded and played a show in Sydney.
- I’m about to play two shows in Melbourne (one of which is at The Espy).
- I have met a truly amazing girl that gets me… And I get her.
- I have done another successful season of a cabaret show and wrote some new songs to go with it.
- I will finally be buying a new laptop or iMac.
- I have accepted that sobriety is the lifestyle I have assumed and I am proud of that fact.
There are probably a bunch of other things as well that I can’t remember right now but I’m just trying to acknowledge the things that I am grateful for at this point. I have wonderful loving friends and I appreciate them for everything, even if I don’t get to see a lot of them that often for various reasons.
Be grateful, hold on tight.